Monday, September 14, 2009

VMAs.



I'm going to practice focusing on the positive parts of the Video Music awards show that took place last night, since 90% are purely going to focus on the negative "hot" topics. I felt the MJ Tribute was suiting, sincerely it was done in good taste. I actually felt what Madonna was saying, about him "feeling human". In a way we did all leave MJ and abandon him and pointed fingers. That's enough to drive anyone over the edge. It's truly sad that we as people use these figures in the media to highlight our days, and vent upon them as though they're deserving. Why not try and share some positive light on those in the spot light. Many of these people work insane hours and barely have lives so that we as people can speculate every damn wrong turn they take in their path. They are human just like you and I. Only difference is, when we make mistakes it isn't on the front page of every paper. P.S. Janet's Performance had to be hard for her to follow through with. She did good. We love you Janet :)


I'm not going to give Kanye's Ignorant Out Burst too much shine by focusing on him. It was arrogant, and wrong. He took away a special moment in a young girls life. Regardless of who she was, she's human, she's just a young kid, and the look in her eyes was sincerely horrid when this was going on. But it's all for the media right Kanye? You've got your 30 seconds of my time, now...moving on.

I do how ever, commend Beyonce for being a class act and having Taylor come on stage with you. She herself described how she felt when she recieved her first VMA. Truly impressed by how you handled this B.



The only thing I will touch on in a bit of a negative light, is the following....

This disturbed me quite a bit. I believe I understood the point, I probably would have gotten it more if someone else who wasn't purely looking to have the shock value attention did it. I get the message. But I just can't say it settled well in my stomach. Kind of freaked me out. Seriously.

Well what were your thoughts on the VMAs?

4 comments:

  1. That girl is insane thats what I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big ups to you for being like the only one to try and point out some positive things, everyone is looking at the negative because it's whats popular. Respect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yessssss finally sum1 wit some sense blogging

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet was great. I concur.

    ReplyDelete