Sunday, August 30, 2009

Idea.

I'm psychologically inept
to deal with reality today
society's paying masses to maintain
normalcy--I bounced the last fad
trying to converse with a stranger.

And.
I'd drown in mainstream
so grunge it is.

Clean cut culture is a little too organized,
and pop music + mascara doesn't = pop rock
or emo, or red carpet diary confessions...
'cause we've all heard it before--
recited thoughts to thumping hearts
and swore we'd never say a word.
then commend someone else
for exposing private insights.

Yet I continue to write what I write,
walk with the same foot forward
and run with my ideas
like the day before.

'cause a friend told me
One- Dont sweat the small shit.
Two- Everything is small shit.

I'd rather pass it on
than pass it up...

No comments:

Post a Comment